Youth Impact Hub Program (YIH) is a five-month social entrepreneurship cohort fellowship program that serves transitional youth ages 18 - 24 in the Oakland/Bay Area. YH provides a start to finish social entrepreneurship training which includes developing a business model, business strategy, business implementation plan, and pitch presentation. Fellows get matched up with a professional adult mentor with experience in launching businesses as part of the program. The program’s goal is for all the fellows to develop and present their social enterprise proposals to potential funders at our pitch event. In addition, sell/display their product/service at the United Roots community end of the year marketplace event.
Our fellowship offers
- 4 months of weekly social enterprise training to develop a business model, strategy, and pitch presentation
- Professional adult mentorship
- Free access to our UR Media department for website building, logo creation, etc.
- Free access to co-working space and office amenities. Note: The Center is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. We will follow all safety guidelines and open again when it is safe.
- A pitch event where fellows present their social enterprise proposal with access to at least $1000 in SEED FUNDING and volunteer support from professionals
- A marketplace event to sell their product/service to the community
Meet our 2021 fellows